Thursday, January 22, 2015

Daily Log: January 20 and 21, 2015

After a three-day weekend, it's hard to jump back into the swing of things.  Thus, a delayed post.  I didn't do much during the actual weekend, although I had some great conversations with friends and I've been inspired to do more creative work as well as written work during my time here as a Graduate Student.

I gotta tell you, these are the best years of my life.

Tuesday was spent primarily doing some writing and recording work for my Webern piece.  I have a whole post about it.

It should have been presented on Wednesday morning, but we ran out of time, so it will be shown first thing on Friday.  This gives me a little time to re-record some of my vocals.

We also discussed Haydn's "Joke" String Quartet in 302.

Wednesday was a lot more productive; I found around 10 sources for my Haydn paper (I need at least 20) and translated some poems by Goethe.  I will admit, the poetry is a bit easier to translate than Faust.

In 604 we discussed Pergolesi and the intermezzo (deja vu... we discussed the same thing in 302 last week).

I also acquired Pauline Oliveros's Three Songs, the earliest work she ever got published.  I'm excited to explore those in more detail... possibly even perform them?

No comments:

Post a Comment