Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Daily Log: January 13, 2015

GREAT news!  I got 98 percent on my Mussorgsky paper!  Dr. Johnson told me I need to work on my passive voice, but he loved my organization and he says I show great potential in the field.

Today was very productive.  We discussed Gluck in 302, and we did some improv in GEM (Group for Experimental Music).

Reading Update:  I read the chapter in LaRue on Sound, took some creative notes.

I spent some time studying Pauline Oliveros's early vocal works.  I ordered scores through Interlibrary Loan.

I also spent an hour on German.  I seriously think I'm already getting better at it.

Paper:  I read the first chapter of MacIntyre's book on The Creation.  Just some introductory material.  I think I need to listen to the piece tomorrow.

Also read some material for 304.  Johann Christian Bach and the accompanied keyboard sonata.

I sort of love my life right now.  I feel like such a musicologist today.

No comments:

Post a Comment