Monday, November 2, 2015

Daily Log: 2 November, 2015

Discussed music alteration software like audacity, spek, and SPEAR.  I downloaded Spek and Spear and I hope to do some work with spectrography in the near future.

Taught SS -- Starting on the 3rd today.  Trying to figure out how I'm going to survive November with all of my comings and goings.

Read more of Bernstein's SFTMC book, including interviews and thoughts from William Miginnis and Terry Riley.  I found out that Riley actually performed at a composer's workshop with La Monte Young HERE in PROVO!  That's cool.  I'm getting out of the realm of Oliveros with some of these articles -- especially the ones about the Buchla 100 Series.  It's a cool thing, and Pauline did write a couple of pieces with it, but it never became her favorite compositional tool and I likely won't need to know too much about it.

Also finished correcting all of the unit 2 tests for 301.  Now I just have to enter grades.

Listening to lots of David Guetta today.  I think I know what House Music looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment